• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Peters’s Rock Agama, Port St Lucie, Florida (1 Viewer)

dave598

RETIRED OLD GOAT, AS THE OTHER HALF SAYS.
United States
I was out looking around and bird and animal watching. I spotted this fella hanging out by the clubhouse of the complex I live in and was able to get a couple of shots. He seemed to freeze when I was pointing the camera at him and then moved when I looked away.

UNKNOWN LIZARD PSL 10-JUNE-2021 RS 0001.jpg

UNKNOWN LIZARD PSL 10-JUNE-2021 RS 0002.jpg

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
I may be wrong but It looks like an Anole. They change colors to match their surroundings. They look great when they are all green.

WoodpeckerMaster

Well-known woodpecker
United States
I may be wrong but It looks like an Anole. They change colors to match their surroundings. They look great when they are all green.
anole would be my first guess, but then i realized that anoles tend to be thinner and have a streak on their back. also, you could probably see the folded up dewlap under it's jaw. still, you could be right. i hardly know anything about lizards, i only really know anoles and a few geckos that are up in florida.

dave598

United States
I posted the pictures also on the Facebook group North American Herpetology and one of the members stated that they are PETERS'S ROCK AGAMA and they were released into several areas of Florida by a Reptile Dealer. They are from East Africa and the females are not as bright as the males. I have attached a link to the PDF. It makes for some interesting reading and I have added it to my notebook that I am putting together of different birds, mammals, reptiles, etc.

Peters’s Rock Agama in Florida1

dave598

United States
anole would be my first guess, but then i realized that anoles tend to be thinner and have a streak on their back. also, you could probably see the folded up dewlap under it's jaw. still, you could be right. i hardly know anything about lizards, i only really know anoles and a few geckos that are up in florida.
Thank you and I like you know hardly anything about lizards in Florida

dave598

United States
Thank you KC I was actually leaning towards the Anole but thought it was too big for one. And your right I love the green Anole.

Users who are viewing this thread