• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phoenix, Arizona Nov 1 (1 Viewer)

uk2usa

Happy Sunday all,

Got this image about 2 hours ago, thinking this is a Gray Flycatcher - taken in open desert brush.
Any thoughts to my identification would be gratefully received.

Alex

Attachments

• Unknown Resize.jpg
    Unknown Resize.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 73
The only other images I got from this immediate area were of female and juvenile yellow rumped warblers. I don't suppose this could be the juvenile?

Last edited:
Alex Hi,

Imo it might be Gray’s/Dusky, the long tail and short primary projection look good, can you recall if it dipped it’s tail on occasion, if so this might favour the former over the latter and fwiw Yellow-rumped isn’t a candidate.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back