• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop vs. Lightroom (2 Viewers)

Dear fellow photographers,

For those of you just starting out in editing or on the edge about whether to use Photoshop or Lightroom, here's my $0.02.

One difference is that Lightroom has a module dedicated to sorting images, which is very useful for finding your sharpest images in a set of photos (Photoshop does not have this feature, however).

Both Photoshop and Lightroom have a similar editing suite for basic adjustments (it’s called Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop) which is very helpful for editing a foundation which you can build upon in Photoshop.

I find Photoshop has a lot more tools than Lightroom, but is only really necessary when you’re wanting to get down to the finer details.

Also, here’s a video I made, which may help you, where I break down 5 KEY differences between the two applications and which one is best for people, from beginners to advanced:

https://youtu.be/F64QdEBr0JsLet me know if you have any questions!

All the best,

Thomas

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back