• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help for ID / Iran (1 Viewer)

Shahrzad

Iran
In first look we think it can be a warbler like a Chiffchaff but we guess the Spotted Flycatcher may have a chance by its sound and behavior. It kept going back and forth
Seen: 26 Sep. 2019 - Around the mountains of Tehran / Iran

Attachments

• IMG-20190926-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190926-WA0001.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-20190926-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190926-WA0003.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 78
I'm thinking Mountain Chiffchaff here;
the plumage looks very brown allover, and the supercilium is wide in front of the eye, continuing across the forehead.

Looks very Brown to me. Just seen Mountain Chiffchaffs looking like that - was it flicking its tail downwards whilst feeding/calling?

Laurie -

Well, I saw these pictures in an Iranian bird id group with a sound recording supposedly belonging to this individual. That call was similar to Plain Leaf Warbler. Probably Shahrzad knows about that recording and can upload it here.

Sound for more ID

I thank you Ehsan and as he mentioned , there is a sound and I found it, upload soon.

Attachments

• Warbler.mp3
    356.2 KB · Views: 19
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back