• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help! Found a bird egg I'm not sure what to do with it (2 Viewers)

darihaze

United Kingdom
I found a bird egg in my garden 2 days ago in the middle of my garden I spent most of the day watching from indoors to see if any bird would come back for it but there was nothing and it was in a very peculiar place for an egg to be especially as i have a lot of foxes/badgers/crows/ravens/magpies who would usually eat any eggs that were on the ground. I know you're not meant to touch bird eggs but I picked it up to see if it was damaged but it was perfectly intact so I decided to bring it indoors and give it some heat because I know the other birds would of found it eventually. Its currently at 35 degrees with a bowl of water to bring up humidity but I'm not sure if it's even fertile or what kind of bird it is or really what I should do with it. Any help would be much appreciated thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20210429_113046.jpg
    IMG_20210429_113046.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Welcome to Birdforum.

It is unlikely that the egg will be viable. It looks like a wood pigeon egg. Should you find an egg again, the best thing to do is to try to find the nest it came from. Don't put an egg in an empty nest though.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back