• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Please help me ID this Damselfly (1 Viewer)

George London

I am a beginner on dragonflies and damselflies.
Tried to ID and initially thought this is an Emerald Damselfly. Then read that an ID feature of the Emerald is that the spot on the wings is dark, whilst these are clearly not. Then I thought Willow Emerald Damselfly but please could someone confirm or correct?
Taken at Minsmere RSPB reserve in August last year.

Many thanks for any help! George

Attachments

• 56932152-5316-498C-BA6D-7C732850790C.jpeg
    56932152-5316-498C-BA6D-7C732850790C.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 49

pdwinter

Paul Winter
I'm struggling to see details in this picture that eliminate immature female Emerald Damselfly but that may just be my eyesight.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread