• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help us help you,Sharm birdwatching (1 Viewer)

doozer

I mentioned before about starting a web site to help people visiting our local patch.When we started there was little local info so we thought we would try to provide some.
I have put the site online and would be grateful for any suggestions of pages that you feel may help people visiting the area.We intend to put on about GETTING ABOUT (taxi's and costs) and also a page about Books on the area.
We are novice watchers and only started in December,also we have no experience in computing or web building so any suggestions or advice on what you feel would be useful please feel free to suggest.
With thanks
Doozer

www.sinaibirds.com

I have looked at your web site and I like it allot. I am back birding in Sharm in November and cant wait. I was speaking online to a developer in Sharm who is thinking off buying a large piece of land and turning it in to a bird sanctuary.? That c ould be good. Also do you know anything about the large number of dead birds around the sewage ponds, is this just septic water that is killing them.? Found around 40 White Storks and 20+ other birds dead last time. If you have any tips for sites around Sharm please let me know. Maybe we could hook up do a bit of birding together.

I mentioned before about starting a web site to help people visiting our local patch.When we started there was little local info so we thought we would try to provide some.
I have put the site online and would be grateful for any suggestions of pages that you feel may help people visiting the area.We intend to put on about GETTING ABOUT (taxi's and costs) and also a page about Books on the area.
We are novice watchers and only started in December,also we have no experience in computing or web building so any suggestions or advice on what you feel would be useful please feel free to suggest.
With thanks
Doozer

www.sinaibirds.com

Good start to a website. Some info about where to make his/hers base, plus info about car hire or transport in general would be really good. The possibilities are endless and this could be a great business opportunity for you.

The July issue of Birding World has an excellent article on 'Identification of some autumn raptors' in southern Sinai. (Volume 22 Numer 7)

John.

Last edited:
Hi there,
am in Sharm since two weeks.
Let me know if you are still looking for someone to help you.
Since I stay at home with no obligations except for keeping the house clean, I can spare some time to help out :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back