• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Please ID Bird - North London, UK (1 Viewer)

fredex

United Kingdom
Please identify this bird for me. Took the photo of it in North London. I did try and find out what species it is myself but could not find a match on RSPB. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 83

Alexander Stöhr

Hello,
its a Dunnock, very slight overexposure making grey areas not lead-grey, but a cleaner grey in your nice picture. Everything else is perfect for this species.
Edit: wellcome to birdforum!

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
After all the Dunnocks I've seen on this Forum, I've gotta agree!

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi Fred and a warm welcome from me too.

Anywhere near Hampstead Heath? I lived there in the late sixties/early seventies!

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

fredex

United Kingdom
Thank you very much Alexander.

Difficult to get the tones as it was super bright, camera struggled to juggle the brights and shadows.

Alexander and KC, thanks for the welcome. I'm not a birder per se. But recently, I've taken a few photos of Kestrels, Red Kites... and now Dunnocks! :)

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Delia, thanks for the welcome.

A bit further north than "The Heath". It was in Stanmore (last stop on Jubilee line).
LOL the Jubilee line didn't exist when I lived there!! Wasn't Stanmore on something like the Bakerloo Line? Getting forgetful... used to know them all LOL

Kits

Picture Picker
Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

fredex

United Kingdom
Delia, yes, Stanmore was part of the Bakerloo line back then. When opened in 1932, it was part of the Metropolitan line.

Kits, thanks for the welcome.

delia todd

Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Thanks Fred. I didn't use the Bakerloo line much, I was more the Central and Northern Lines; sometimes the District and Picadilly Lines.

Users who are viewing this thread