• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please ID possible Kingbird? - California (1 Viewer)

ayasuda

There were Western Kingbirds roosting near and in this tree, but I'm not sure if these are juvenile Western Kingbirds. I did see the brownish/red tailed individual feeding one of the other birds, hence my confusion. I am not sure if picture four might be another species. Let me know what you think, and thanks.

Attachments

• unkbird.jpg
    unkbird.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 101
  • unk2.jpg
    unk2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 82
  • unk3.jpg
    unk3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 94
  • unk4.jpg
    unk4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 89
Two different species going on here. The first three are Ash-throated Flycathers. The last image is Black Phoebe. All look like juveniles or recent fledglings.

Thanks guys! These are my first Ash Throated flycatchers. They were photographed at the Sacramento Wildlife refuge this weekend at the viewing boardwalk.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back