• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

[Poland] Warsaw, 28.11 (1 Viewer)

All-knowing Idiot
Opus Editor
Poland
small city park

1. sparrowhawk (dumpy--short neck, the size of a collared dove, horizontal barring together with a yellow eye)
2. the eastern race of Eurasian Treecreeper (long hind claw, uneven steps, long supercilium)

Attachments

• sparrowhawk.jpg
    sparrowhawk.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 60
  • treecreeper (long supercilium).jpg
    treecreeper (long supercilium).jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 61
  • treecreeper (uneven steps).jpg
    treecreeper (uneven steps).jpg
    769 KB · Views: 47
  • treecreeper (long hind claw).jpg
    treecreeper (long hind claw).jpg
    659.6 KB · Views: 46
  • treecreeper (long hind claw) 3.jpg
    treecreeper (long hind claw) 3.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 42
  • treecreeper (long hind claw) 2.jpg
    treecreeper (long hind claw) 2.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 58
Hello,
I agree with both of your IDs.
The Treecreeper is harder for me, and I struggle to judge the fine/subtile features with confidence in your pictures (no offence you know), but the hind-claw seems to be really long (=monster), so a Eurasian Treecreeper is ok. Please note, that ST-Treecreeper becames (tendencially) greyer towards the eastern part of range

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back