• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poor Kowa service (1 Viewer)

wolfbirder

Has anyone else experienced a poor level of service?

Since my email to them on 6th April about damage to my Kowa 883, I have still not had anything concrete from the, just 2 emails asking what Country I am from (which I replied to twice) but then nothing else.

It really annoys me, we are not talking about a £150 piece of equipment, we are talking about something that costs a lot of money.

Really surprised at the lack of response. I'd hoped to have it boxed and sent off 2 weeks ago, hopefully for repair.

Very disappointing.

So far, I've not been disappointed with Kowa service here in Germany. Do they have their own service in UK? If not, I would address Kowa Optics in Duesseldorf directly or even phone them.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your help here, very much appreciated.
I have sent them a message, hope they reply to this one.

Have you tried calling them? I have no experience with Kowa UK, but some services still run a old school style of customer service where a phone call is a lot more effective than an email.

Kowa repairs are now handled by Viking Optical in Halesworth, Suffolk. I'm confident they will be able to sort this out if you contact them directly either phone or email.

Since my email to them on 6th April about damage to my Kowa 883, I have still not had anything concrete from the, just 2 emails asking what Country I am from (which I replied to twice) but then nothing else.

It really annoys me, we are not talking about a £150 piece of equipment, we are talking about something that costs a lot of money.

Really surprised at the lack of response. I'd hoped to have it boxed and sent off 2 weeks ago, hopefully for repair.

Very disappointing.

Kowa repairs are now handled by Viking Optical in Halesworth, Suffolk. I'm confident they will be able to sort this out if you contact them directly either phone or email.
Just seen your email, many thanks mate, I'll try them as still had zero response from Kowa, a month on nearly.

Just seen your email, many thanks mate, I'll try them as still had zero response from Kowa, a month on nearly.
No worries. I happened to bump into a birding acquaintance who'd got water into his eyepiece after crawling out of a marsh on his front and he mentioned where he'd taken it in. It's all sorted now.

Very disappointing.
I had a similar experience with my Highlander that needed collimation, which is not a big job. It took Kowa Germany 10 weeks and numerous phone calls and emails before I finally got my Highlander back. The work performed was ok.

Viking Optical at Blyth Road, Halesworth, Ipswich now undertake Kowa service and repairs in the UK, only if the repair is too big do they send it to Germany I believe. 01986-875315 is there number.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back