• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Popup boxes don't always disappear again (1 Viewer)

tenex

reality-based
When viewing a list of threads, hovering over the title displays a popup with the first part of the first message. There are times when that popup fails to disappear again, obviously dependent on some sequence of cursor movement while it's popped up, but I haven't quite figured out the details. Hovering over another title then pops up a second box, without the first going away. I've seen this half a dozen times now.

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
I guess you’re using a touch pad or mouse to navigate? Just click on an ’empty space’ on the page and the popups will go back down.

tenex

reality-based
Yes, of course. I wasn't asking for help; this is a bug thread, so I'm reporting the bug.

tenex

reality-based
I was hoping to pin down exactly when this happens, but haven't seen it again, so it may have been resolved.

I do have a request though: the popup should remain only as long as the cursor is still on the link that popped it up, not when the cursor moves onto the popup itself. That makes it impossible to view or select an item above without first moving the cursor away then back again. (There's nothing in the popup that can be clicked, marked, etc)

tenex

reality-based
Well, I do after all keep seeing a popup fail to disappear every now and then, but can't determine an exact sequence of cursor motion that causes this so I'm going to give up. It's a minor annoyance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread