• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Press anouncement (1 Viewer)

Might be a tad too family orientated and wildfowling collection for your hardened independent birder / twitcher / togger.
On the plus side the coffee and food is pretty darn good. Still, a nice day out for the young uns and a ride round on the Safari train.

Last edited:
One of the biggest problems for the last bird fair (and I presume will be the case for this one) was the time of year. I don't know many birders who went to it mainly because it was in the middle of spring and everyone was out birding. I know I wouldn't want to waste a days birding in the middle of spring walking around a marquee. Surely there is a better time of year for it?

Might be a tad too family orientated and wildfowling collection for your hardened independent birder / twitcher / togger.
On the plus side the coffee and food is pretty darn good. Still, a nice day out for the young uns and a ride round on the Safari train.

food is good, granted.
I have always been anti collections, just me, not an evangelist, just don't like them.
H

Are bird fairs and the like really aimed at those covered by the all-embracing terminology "birders" A glance at the major promoter's website would suggest not in my view.

Visit Norfolk is the strategic voice of the county's visitor industry. Visitnorfolk.co.uk is run under contract by Visit East Anglia Ltd. and is responsible for promoting all that the county has to offer at local, regional and national levels. It aims to develop promotional campaigns and initiatives and work with other DMOs (destination marketing organisations) to grow the county's visitor economy which supports some 61,521 jobs, 17.3% of all employment in Norfolk. The sector also supports thousands more jobs in retail, food production, culture and transport. The visitor economy is the largest industry sector in the county, worth £3,055 billion.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back