• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prices up again! (1 Viewer)

Lewie

Just went to EagleOptics web site. Appears Leica prices are up at least $100. See below, copied from EagleOptics web site

Leica Ultravid HD 10x42 Binocular
Extreme optical power. Our Price: $2,295.00

Would imagine Swarovski, Zeiss will soon be raising their prices. I am tired of U.S. dollar falling.

Lew

Hi,
I don't know if that makes you feel better, but the prices for Ultravid HD 10x42 in Europe are currently at 1995,00 Euro. That makes more than 3100 USD.
Florian

Last edited:
As fine optics as they are, I cannot imagine any mainstream nature people buying them, especially given the deteriorating economics in the US. Everyone is a price-shopper these days, it seems.

If I had to choose between that and a Trinovid well under 1,000 USD, the latter would be my choice...

I love optics, but I try to maintain realistic perspective. Money spent on gasoline to get to where some birds are, or where the sky is really dark(often one and the same place!), is a better investment than a bino with 2% better transmission.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back