• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: The GPO Passion HD 10 x 42. (2 Viewers)

Hello Ratal,

Many thanks for the feedback on this review.

I'm absolutely delighted with the instrument and has exceeded all my expectations; it's my early Christmas present lol.

With best wishes,

Neil.

Hello Everyone,
Where I can buy this model.
In my searches, it is out of stock.
In the US, Opticsplanet:

In the EU, Optics Trade:

Or type "GPO 10X42 HD" into Google and follow the links...

I had a GPO Passion HD 8x42 for review just after they became available. I think Troubador had one then as well. My impressions of that binocular pretty well mirror those of the review. A nicely done review I might add.

To resume my test :

• The GPO Passion HD 10x42 are 178g heavier than the Nikon Monarch HG,
  • They are (for me) very inconfortable (oculars and hand-bump).
  • Optically, the Monarch HG are a little more sharp edge to edge and le focusing is more relax.
  • CA are well controlled on both but a little better in the edge with the Passion HD.
  • The field is 112m/1000m for the Passion vs 121m/1000m for the Monarch,
  • Flare, in difficult light, is better controlled with the Monarch HG.
  • Same price

Dadra:
I enjoyed your review. It was well done, and you had a nice comparison with a top competitor the Nikon Monarch HG.
I have not tried the GPO, but I do really like the Nikon MHG.
Jerry

Excellent review, thank you for your very detailed report. I do not have the Nikons but did buy the Geco Gold version of the GPO for £399 during the recent run out sale here in the UK. I am delighted with them and went on to purchase several more of the Geco’s. Not for everyone as your review clearly identifies but they suit me perfectly. I have just bought the GPO Passion ED 8x32 and 10x32 for hiking from the excellent Stealth Birding and am astounded at just how good they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back