• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Professional guide - Southern area ? (1 Viewer)

Florin Chirila

I will be in Sri Lanka for two weeks, fist half of February, visiting various places (Ella, Horton, Udawalawe, Mirissa) in a family vacation. I'll spend as much time birding as I reasonably can, and I think I could use some assistance from a local bird guide. Particularly since I plan to take a one-day trip to Sinharaja, perhaps to other sites (like Bundala or maybe Kalametiya).
Can anyone recommend a professional guide in the area ?
Thanks in advance.

dwatsonbirder

In Sinharaja, I'd recommend either getting an organised guide (I've heard good things about Walk with Jith) or alternatively make your own way there (early) and get a guide at the HQ. If you go down this route, I'd recommend asking for Wasante, he was very good and knew where to look for some of the tricky species, as well as being very familiar with all calls etc.

Users who are viewing this thread