• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Profile posts (1 Viewer)

peter.jones

Supporter
The new design looks very impressive. I have accounts on a few "social media" sites, and this is better than Reddit and mewe etc. Certainly fits our needs very well.

I stumbled on the "profile posts" section. What is the intention for this please? It looks like a mini-twitter!
Is the idea for quick messages, " swallow at Keyhaven yesterday"

opisska

Jan Ebr
Poland
Well today someone noticed that it can be abused as an efficient way to show their unpaid ad for birding tours to everyone ...

Andy Adcock

England
Well today someone noticed that it can be abused as an efficient way to show their unpaid ad for birding tours to everyone ...
Nothing new, he's done that a few times.

If it's just an individual, trying to eke out a living, which this is I think, I don't really have a problem with it.

opisska

Jan Ebr
Poland
When that's ultimately to the people running to forum, whether they have a problem with someone "eking out a living" using their resources for free.

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
It can't be very effective advertising as I've not seen it at all - I've no idea who or what you're referring to 😂

opisska

Jan Ebr
Poland
It can't be very effective advertising as I've not seen it at all - I've no idea who or what you're referring to 😂

I see, these things don't show up from all access angles :) I read BF by clicking "what's new", which shows me, well, what's new - and a part of it that it shows the list of the latest "profile posts", the newest of which is currently an ad for tours in Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread