• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Proof that Song Thrushes still share DNA with the Velociraptor? (1 Viewer)

McHeath

Never seen anything like it - a mouse ran at full speed from under a rubbish bin about 5m away from me in the local cemetery, crossing 2m of gravel path and disappearing into the bushes on the other side. Hard on its heels a Song Thrush, running (!) in full pursuit. I didn't get to see the finale; both protagonists had vanished without a sound when I inspected the bushes a few seconds later.

The only explanation I can think of is that the upstart mouse had appropriated some morsel on which the angry bird had set its heart. But I was still pretty flabbergasted by the sight; I'd never have guessed that a Song Thrush could (or would want to) run that fast!

Anybody with similar observations out there?

Regards,
Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back