• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Proposal for layout improvements (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
I have no idea if this is possible, but here is a proposal. It started with me accidentally hitting the wrong button when wanting to mark a specific section of birdforum read. To avoid doing something similar again I am proposing the two changes that are shown in the image. The image is from the Taxonomy forum with two subforums (should really be subfora, but I am not sure I would be understood if using that form). It would be even worse if we are talking about something like the camera section with about 10 subsections.

One additional thing: the "Post thread" button should be below the subforums because it is down there you actually post if you click the button.

Niels
1607800049361.png

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Sounds sensible!

What would be even better, is to go back to how it used to be, please! Double-click on the orange bird-and-sun logo to mark a forum read; the logo would turn pale on double-clicking. Much more convenient than the new system of marking threads / forums read. Same now would be to double-click on the leaf logo, to turn it from orange to grey.

1a.png

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Sounds sensible!

What would be even better, is to go back to how it used to be, please! Double-click on the orange bird-and-sun logo to mark a forum read; the logo would turn pale on double-clicking. Much more convenient than the new system of marking threads / forums read. Same now would be to double-click on the leaf logo, to turn it from orange to grey.
And working now! Many thanks, much appreciated! 😻

Andy Adcock

England
Superb, just what I wanted and 'as was', much more convenient although, I had started using the function which shows all threads as read which is almost as good.

sbarnhardt

Traveling man
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Give all this a bit of time, we'll get used to it, and one day in the future, we'll be reminiscing, calling this "the way it used to be."

:)

Users who are viewing this thread