• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Proposal: split Europe & Rest of the World Patches into several (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Dear all,
checking if there is anything interesting in the South America section under "Europe and the rest of the world" either takes opening the main section in a new window, or it takes clicking the down arrow and scrolling down through several screens worth of other headings before finally making it to SA. I am proposing that each subforum in this section be made its own forum to make it easier to use the down-arrow.

Niels

MJB

Dear all,
checking if there is anything interesting in the South America section under "Europe and the rest of the world" either takes opening the main section in a new window, or it takes clicking the down arrow and scrolling down through several screens worth of other headings before finally making it to SA. I am proposing that each subforum in this section be made its own forum to make it easier to use the down-arrow.

Niels
I suggest that the dropdown menu should not be locked in sync with the page in "Europe & Rest of the World Patches" but instead should allow down movement of the menu while the page stays still, which is the usual practice on many websites. Locking in sync makes Australia & New Zealand appear far below the end of the page...
MJB

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
I think the main thing is that the dropdown menu should be a lot shorter. I proposed one solution (split the forum into several) but any other solution that achieves the same would be fine.

Niels

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Every time I hit the down arrow in this area I get disappointed ...

Niels

Reactions: MJB

Users who are viewing this thread