• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prostrate plant in Medebach, Germany (1 Viewer)

kolibri2

I took this photograph on 04-09-2004 in the area of Medebach, North Rhine Westfalia, Germany. Object was to photograph the butterfly and I have always had this photo with my butterfly photographs. Looking through old photographs of butterflies recently, I wondered what on earth this plant is, with these flowers on such an absolute prostrate plant. Can anyone help with the ID please?

Attachments

• K640_04-09-2004.JPG
    K640_04-09-2004.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 28
Based on the location more than anything, it's Thymus pulegioides.
(In Germany, polytrichus only occurs in the Alps and praecox has a patchy distribution, only occurring north of Medebach in the limestone area of Brilon–Warburg).

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back