• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Puff-throated Babbler - Thailand - 19 May 2020 (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear members and bird watchers!

Bird watching and I spot a babbler. Easy peacy pancake, a Puff-throated Babbler.

I have seen the bird at this spot before with pictures. I have also pictures from India and Nepal where I have seen the bird. I walk along happy.

Back home and there is something "OFF" with my Puff-throated Babbler. I study the pictures and the breast is yellowish. The bird is bathing so it is not so easy to see the marks but I want to change the ID to Pin-striped tit-babbler.

But the eye marking is nothing like the eye marking in my books and other pictures on internet. My bird is like having a dark grey stripe over the eyes.

I think it might be due to the bathing and the plumage is wet.

Am I right to change the ID to Pin-striped tit-babbler?

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 138.jpg
    138.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 139.jpg
    139.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 24
Thank you

It looks fine for Pin-striped Tit-Babbler

Thank you very much!!

I see your avatar. The last couple of weeks we have had the Blue-winged Pitta at Suan Rot Fai in Bangkok.

I also saw it in Chonburi beginning of this week, a very nice bird. I have not been able to go to Singapore due to the Wuhan Virus, but otherwise I use to go there all the time to look for birds

Thank you again!

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

It looks fine for Pin-striped Tit-Babbler

Hello again

Just visited your web page and you have the bird there. EXCELLENT pictures on your web page, makes me green of envy.

I also saw some suggestions for birding sites in Singapore. I am mostly, of course Botanical Garden but I like the wetlands the most. Birds and crocodiles.

No one believe me when I say that I have seen crocodiles in Singapore. First time I thought it was a joke. Dark and I saw the warning signs and I must admit I was a little scared until the sun came up

Cheers!
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back