• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Pug in November?! (1 Viewer)

JWN Andrewes

Poor Judge of Pasta.
Of all the things I was expecting at the trap tonight a Pug was not high on the list! White-spotted? Golden-rod? Common? Many precedents?

Attachments

• IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 10

rosaria

You could add Currant/Wormwood to the list! - the rather rounded wing shape. But, yes, very late for any.

JWN Andrewes

Poor Judge of Pasta.
Cheers. It's still in the fridge, so I'll have a go at getting some pics in natural light when I'm at home tomorrow.

dantheman

Bah humbug
You could add Currant/Wormwood to the list! - the rather rounded wing shape. But, yes, very late for any.
Currant looks a good shout ... also the only pug (other than double striped of course) listed in Somerset moths Flying tonight (as an example location) for this week.

JWN Andrewes

Poor Judge of Pasta.
In better light this morning, I still see a White-spotted Pug here. Apart from the rather prominent white spots on the wings, the books and websites I'm consulting are all mentioning the white spot on the thorax and those either side of the abdomen as good features, so unless the various resources I'm looking at are over stating these features this seems a fairly straightforward identification. Other than the time of year that is!

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread