• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Question about: digiscoping DLSR settings? (1 Viewer)

vd Berg

Hello,

Can you preset a fixed ‘effective’ aperture and focal length in your DSLR for your telescope/adapter lens? If yes, which preset fixed 'effective' aperture and focal length, exposure mode, shutter speed and ISO settings for your DSLR mostly gave the best photo results?

Please also tell about the DSLR type, telescope diameter, adapter -type and -aperture(s).

With kind regards,
vd Berg

Last edited:

jourdaj

I use a Sony a7III and 28mm f/2.8 pancake lens attached to a Swarovski STX85 and 25-60X eyepiece using a Digidapter digiscoping adapter. I've set up the camera using a custom function dial to provide the following presets so that I can quickly switch to "digiscoping" mode:
Aperture-f/2.8
ISO Auto - 100-6400
Min. Shutter Speed - 1/1000sec.
Focus mode - manual with focus-peaking (a slight turn of the focusing ring creates magnified image for critical focus)

More detailed settings are listed on my blog site at http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread