• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Queues at UK airports? (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Are there any?

Like many, we're travelling for the first time in over two years and after reading horror stories about the length of queues, faced by those coming in to the UK, we'd like to know what to expect on the way out, can we arrive c2hrs prior to departure or should it be three or even more?

Any current information is most gratefully received.

I flew to Tenerife over October half term and was surprised that there were no queues outside the norm. I always arrive 3 hours in advance anyway but there didn't seem to be anything different to normal.

Flew out of Gatwick a couple of weeks ago & back into Heathrow this morning. No queues at all, straight through.

Which airport are you using? Friends have told me LHR is fairly horrendous on return and worse than usual outbound.

Which airport are you using? Friends have told me LHR is fairly horrendous on return and worse than usual outbound.
Birmingham this time, I'd heard about Heathrow, that was probably what I'd heard and which prompted my message.

We flew out of Manchester T2 to Bucharest last month - very small queues at check in and security but it was 06.15 flight so very early.
We came back from Budapest 10 days later expecting queues, it was 16.00 on a Friday afternoon but we sailed through immigration; all self service passport checks were working; and we had our luggage within 10 minutes. The best we have every done.
We are going from Gatwick in a few weeks so it will be interesting to see if it is OK

My wife and daughter flew out to Russia yesterday, no problems at all, thanks to those that replied.

I'm flying to Cyprus on Saturday from Heathrow and we all meet up there. I'm with BA, almost 5hrs, no food, no drink unless you pay for it in advance. My wife, is with Air France who provided meals and drinks on the way to Russia, even on the short hop over to CDG in Paris, I expect they'll get the same service en-route yo Cyprus.

BA seem now to be very much a budget airline, they stopped in flight meals, several years ago on the flight I used to take to St Petersburg and now that flight has totally ceased to operate.

Yes, For those reasons I have started using different airlines now, previously faithful to BA. Although flying less now.
Was impressed with Swiss.
I'm hoping that once the tourist season begins, I'll be able to fly from my local airport, East Midlands because currently, there are no direct flights to Cyprus, outside of London.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back