• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

    Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Radio 3 - tonight (1 Viewer)

John Fleet

287 and counting!!
Some serious listening here (from the BBC web site):

Landscape with Birds
Thursday 21 April 2005 19:30-22:30 (Radio 3)

Catalogue d'oiseaux , a Landscape with Birds: Five pieces from the bird catalogue by French composer Olivier Messiaen, together with the sounds of the birds
and natural landscape that inspired them. Pianist Peter Hill, who studied with Messiaen, plays and talks about the music, with soundscapes reflecting the structure of the pieces.

Twitching: Poet Laureate Andrew Motion reads six new bird poems: Blackbird, Song Thrush, Raven, Swallow, Wren, Sparrow. With the voices of the birds themselves.
Duration:

3 hours
Playlist:

Birdsong Bagatelles: Edward Cowie, the composer who is the artist in residence of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, introduces the first broadcast of his new work for the Coull String Quartet. It's a set of 24 portraits of common British birds, their songs and behaviour, from the wren and the skylark to the woodpigeon
and the heron.

Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird: Another chance to hear the award-winning Radio 3 feature inspired by one of our most familiar and best-loved birds and its remarkable song.


John Fleet
 

Gill Osborne

Well-known member
Thanks for that John...I've set my alarm on my mobile (or i'll forget otherwise!) and will tape the tv tonight and have the radio on instead ;)

GILL
 

pigsonthewing

Well-known member
John Fleet said:
Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird
That overran, so, despite my allowing an extra five minutes, my copy is turncated. As I was not at home that evening, I never even got to hear it live. Does anyone have this part, preferably as an mp2 or mp3, which they could let me have, please?
 

John Fleet

287 and counting!!
pigsonthewing said:
That overran, so, despite my allowing an extra five minutes, my copy is turncated. As I was not at home that evening, I never even got to hear it live. Does anyone have this part, preferably as an mp2 or mp3, which they could let me have, please?

I don't have a copy, but it doesn't matter, simply go the Radio 3 section of the BBC web site and use the "Listen Again" option to rerecord it from the net.....

John
 

Bubbs

Well-known member
John Fleet said:
I don't have a copy, but it doesn't matter, simply go the Radio 3 section of the BBC web site and use the "Listen Again" option to rerecord it from the net.....

John

John, I'm sure the answer is obvious but how do you record from the internet into mp3?. Is it simply a case of plugging your MP3 player in to the pc?. I have a Zen Touch MP3 player...which is the bees knees.

John.
 

John Fleet

287 and counting!!
john barclay said:
John, I'm sure the answer is obvious but how do you record from the internet into mp3?. Is it simply a case of plugging your MP3 player in to the pc?. I have a Zen Touch MP3 player...which is the bees knees.

John.
John
I'm afraid that I don't have an MP3 player so have no practical experience of doing this. I guess the first requirement is to save the stream, and I think that there are various software options to do this. Doubtless others will know :)

John
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top