• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Radio 3 - tonight (1 Viewer)

John Fleet

Finally reached 300!
England
Some serious listening here (from the BBC web site):

Landscape with Birds
Thursday 21 April 2005 19:30-22:30 (Radio 3)

Catalogue d'oiseaux , a Landscape with Birds: Five pieces from the bird catalogue by French composer Olivier Messiaen, together with the sounds of the birds
and natural landscape that inspired them. Pianist Peter Hill, who studied with Messiaen, plays and talks about the music, with soundscapes reflecting the structure of the pieces.

Twitching: Poet Laureate Andrew Motion reads six new bird poems: Blackbird, Song Thrush, Raven, Swallow, Wren, Sparrow. With the voices of the birds themselves.
Duration:

3 hours
Playlist:

Birdsong Bagatelles: Edward Cowie, the composer who is the artist in residence of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, introduces the first broadcast of his new work for the Coull String Quartet. It's a set of 24 portraits of common British birds, their songs and behaviour, from the wren and the skylark to the woodpigeon
and the heron.

Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird: Another chance to hear the award-winning Radio 3 feature inspired by one of our most familiar and best-loved birds and its remarkable song.

John Fleet

Thanks for that John...I've set my alarm on my mobile (or i'll forget otherwise!) and will tape the tv tonight and have the radio on instead ;)

GILL

John Fleet said:
Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Blackbird
That overran, so, despite my allowing an extra five minutes, my copy is turncated. As I was not at home that evening, I never even got to hear it live. Does anyone have this part, preferably as an mp2 or mp3, which they could let me have, please?

pigsonthewing said:
That overran, so, despite my allowing an extra five minutes, my copy is turncated. As I was not at home that evening, I never even got to hear it live. Does anyone have this part, preferably as an mp2 or mp3, which they could let me have, please?

I don't have a copy, but it doesn't matter, simply go the Radio 3 section of the BBC web site and use the "Listen Again" option to rerecord it from the net.....

John

John Fleet said:
I don't have a copy, but it doesn't matter, simply go the Radio 3 section of the BBC web site and use the "Listen Again" option to rerecord it from the net.....

John

John, I'm sure the answer is obvious but how do you record from the internet into mp3?. Is it simply a case of plugging your MP3 player in to the pc?. I have a Zen Touch MP3 player...which is the bees knees.

John.

john barclay said:
John, I'm sure the answer is obvious but how do you record from the internet into mp3?. Is it simply a case of plugging your MP3 player in to the pc?. I have a Zen Touch MP3 player...which is the bees knees.

John.
John
I'm afraid that I don't have an MP3 player so have no practical experience of doing this. I guess the first requirement is to save the stream, and I think that there are various software options to do this. Doubtless others will know :)

John

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back