• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Radio 4 - Keep Calman ... (1 Viewer)

I'm not a fan of Susan Calman either but in fairness, this was a more sympathetic and understanding look at birdwatching than expected. At the end, she genuinely seemed to enjoy watching birds in her garden and I wonder if, as the programme dates from 2017, she's continued with it & found it a helpful way in which to cope with the lockdown.

I'm not a fan of Susan Calman either but in fairness, this was a more sympathetic and understanding look at birdwatching than expected. At the end, she genuinely seemed to enjoy watching birds in her garden and I wonder if, as the programme dates from 2017, she's continued with it & found it a helpful way in which to cope with the lockdown.
If she has, fair play, but perhaps its time for that expose of birding that isn't an attempt to poke fun at it (especially by unfunny comedians). I'm on record as believing that everything must be open to being a target for humour, but there ought to be room for more than just that on the 24 hour multi-channel media circus of the 21st century.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back