• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rainguard for 10X40B/GA T*P? (1 Viewer)

Hi,

They were supplied with a rainguard when purchased new.

This part is still available from Zeiss and should be available from Zeiss in the U.S.A.

The Zeiss part number for the rainguard is : 529205-0000-000

It is the same rainguard for the 8x30, 10x40, 7x42, 8x56 Dialyts and the 7x50 and 15x60 Porros.

Gary

I have put this guard on my Zeiss FLs and SF and the original unit remains on my 7 × 42 Dialyt.
Strange response from whomever at Zeiss US.......utter nonsense.

Last edited:
Hi,

The rainguard which BH Photo is selling is not the correct one.

It is the rainguard for the 8x30 "Safari" . It is green and I do not think it will fit your Dialyt.

Attachments

• Safari.jpg
    Safari.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

The rainguard which BH Photo is selling is not the correct one.

It is the rainguard for the 8x30 "Safari" . It is green and I do not think it will fit your Dialyt.
Yes, I realize it's the wrong one and the dimensions provided are 1/8" short in length for allowing the binocs to be at their flattest opening.
If it's a fail, I'm out $8 (the shipping was free) and I'll harass Zeiss US or order from the UK at what I imagine will be an excessive shipping charge. We'll see and I'll report back.

The 8X30 Rain/coffee guard fits fine, strap lugs are not aligned so requires a separate leash, at least it does with my somewhat stiff strap.IMG_9432.jpgIMG_9433.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back