• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare bird alert Bangkok today (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear members and bird watchers!

Just back home from a birding trip. There was hundreds of Spot-billed Pelicans but I spotted on Great White Pelican swimming with them. So now I start to doubt my ID as this turned out to be a RARE bird alert. But I am 100% sure this is a white pelican.

Anyone that can confirm my ID?

Kind Regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• xxxx.jpg
    xxxx.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 16
  • xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 16
  • xx.jpg
    xx.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 15
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 14
It looks like one but the nearest (non-breeding) range seems to be western Myanmar, although you can find images of one taken in Thailand online!

Thanks again foresttwitcher!

The Great White is the onlyone I can find with yellow throat and the small wedge of feathers going down between the eyes

Kind Regards
Aladdin

It looks like one but the nearest (non-breeding) range seems to be western Myanmar, although you can find images of one taken in Thailand online!
Hello again foresttwitcher!

In eBird it looks to never have been reported in Thailand, but there are reports from Malaysia and Cambodia. So not impossible to visit Bangkok. There were hundreds of spot billed and I was just watching them when I realized that one looked different.

Kind Regards
Aladdin

Great white pelican. The fact that it's obviously so TAME may be a clue to why it's there!
Thank you!

Swimming around with Spot-billed Pelicans and I could only see this Great White. The trees are full of pelicans, hundreds of them.

Kind regards and happy birding!
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back