• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Rare bird? (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone,

Whilst looking through some old photographs, I came across these, which reminded me of how we came about taking them. We were on holiday in Sequoia National Park in late April / early May and drove into a deserted campground. As we walked around we saw this beautiful blue bird some distance off, so we decided to try to get nearer. After almost an hour of stalking this bird through the woods, we got this photograph of the bird in the tree. We were so proud of ourselves for persevering and capturing a photograph of what we assumed was a rare bird!
The following day we saw three in the car park of a rest stop! The Steller Jay is not so rare then, ha ha.
P4291916.JPG P4291970.JPG

heynonny

United States
Nothing wrong with that. I got extremely excited the first time I saw one, and still get excited when I travel west and am able to see them again.Beautiful birds (and very noisy, too!).

Users who are viewing this thread