• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ravens and lambs (1 Viewer)

markspirito

On Farming Today ( Radio 4 ) , there was a graphic account from a farmer on Dartmoor describing how his young lambs are being targeted by up to 20 Ravens... I will not put the details on here but it sounds like a slow death ! ?

Mark

But is it true, or just gamekeeper / grouse moor owner -inspired fake news propaganda?

What on earth has farming Lambs got to do with Gamekeepers and Grouse shooting? You are starting to sound extremely paranoid now trying to twist everything into lets blame Grouse shooting.

This isn't new; farmers have been trying to get Ravens culled for years. From what I've read: it is a known problem at lambing time - the debate is whether it's enough of a problem to grant a licence to kill Ravens or whether the farmers can protect the lambs another way... using Llamas to guard the flock for example.

I'll let others debate the issues... I'm not a farmer ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back