• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Recorded bird call today in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada (1 Viewer)

NikhilPatwardhan

nikhil_patwardhan
Supporter
Canada
Tried locating this bird but could not despite the call lasting a few minutes. It felt like it was coming from somewhere about 20-50 feet above the ground from a tree. It was decently loud. A Yellow Warbler was singing in the same tree/trees before this call started and I caught a brief glimpse of something flying in to the tree and saw the Yellow Warbler dart away, so the bird was probably bigger than a warbler is my guess. The call was recorded in a small urban park.

Repeated 6-note bird call is heard at 00:01, 00:10, 00:16 and 00:22

My guess is this is an American Robin

Attachments

• call.wav
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread