• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Grouse Call Ringtone (1 Viewer)

rin

My dad is desperate to download a red grouse call to his mobile phone to use as a ringtone and I have spent hours googling this to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get this..........one of his mates has it and it drove him mad when they were fishing the other week and the friend won't give it to him as he gets his kill every time dad goes off in search of the grouse, he amused himself for days before he confessed to dad that it was actually his mobile ringtone.!!!!

Dad was fair taken and is keen to get a copy. Don't mind paying for the download but have no idea where to purchase.

Thanks
Catherine

No, I was unsure on that, but possibly he could record that to his Phone and use that, or, he could record a wild bird calling on a sound system/Phone recorder and use that.
Sorry I can't give you exact details of a place to download.

Can you get hold of a copy of Bird Songs and Calls of Britain and Europe Disc No 2. If you can it is easy to download the c/d to your computer and then transfer it to your phone. Roger

Thank you

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Will go and check my cds and see if I have one containing a grouse call, duh, never thought of that !

cheers
Catherine x

All done now, been to tesco to buy father a new mobile that takes blue tooth as his phone is realllllly old.

Grouse bird song copied across and set as his ring tone, he is a very happy chappy.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Catherine x

All done now, been to tesco to buy father a new mobile that takes blue tooth as his phone is realllllly old.

Grouse bird song copied across and set as his ring tone, he is a very happy chappy.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Catherine x

A shame you didn't know about this. Red grouse is listed here as Willow Ptarmigan:

http://www.xeno-canto.org/europe/browse.php?query=Willow+Ptarmigan

To listen to each recording click on the arrows in the left column. To download right-click on the floppy-disk (remember them?) icon.

Steve

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back