• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Red Kite in North Antrim. (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
Here's a couple of photos I took today of a Red Kite here in North Antrim.

I have since learned that this bird comes from a nest in the Irish Republic.

Cheers,
Dick

Attachments

• armoy.red.kite.2 copy.jpg
    armoy.red.kite.2 copy.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 17
  • armoy.red.kite.1 copy.jpg
    armoy.red.kite.1 copy.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 12

Chkm8

Nice, I knew they had been introduced and doing well in the Castlewellan area. Good to see they are spreading.

Cllr.K.Turner

N Antrim Birds

I have just registered to the forum as I was trying to find sightings of Red Kites in N.Antrim. I was walking my dog Ellie a Jack Russell out at Ballyboley when I was stalked by a Red Kite. It came in close above me and I was amazed at how it stayed with us for about five minutes before flying into the hills.
I also had the pleasure of seeing a pair of Gold crests at the football field in Kells. I will continue to post updates of my sightings in the weeks to come.

Chkm8

I was walking my dog Ellie a Jack Russell out at Ballyboley when I was stalked by a Red Kite. It came in close above me and I was amazed at how it stayed with us for about five minutes before flying into the hills.
Great to hear about your sightings. Thanks for posting.
John.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread