• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Kite SE Kent (1 Viewer)

Red Kites have increased enormously in Kent particularly in the east in spring/early summer in recent years. For example, the bird/day totals in the east of the county in 2016 were March 23, April 36, May 108 & June 21 (totals that have since been exceeded). In May individuals or small groups can now regularly be seen drifting east along the south coast round Thanet and then back west along the north coast. I had my first over my garden in central Canterbury two years ago and it's now a bird you can realistically hope to see at spots like St Margaret's Bay, Thanet, Reculver, the Stour valley, etc in spring. It won't be long before we have an established breeding population in the county.

Evening. Last month I had a Red Kite flying next to the M2 at the Sittingbourne exit. Another area is between Ashford, Faversham and Lenham. Hopefully they establish and do as well as Common Buzzards have.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back