Redditch,Worcs

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Walk around Arrow valley Lake this morning ...freezing on east side ...brilliant and warm on westside.
Not a lot about though....
Loads of G.C.Grebe
2 Heron
5 Cormorant
Tree Creeper in trees between car park and the Duck feeding area.

Attachments

• Canon 2017  NOV 25 060 A_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 NOV 25 060 A_filtered.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Canon 2017  NOV 25 063 A_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 NOV 25 063 A_filtered.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 97

cj.holder

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Ipsley Pool about 7:45 this morning. In the trees at the far end of the pool from the car park.

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Ipsley Pool about 7:45 this morning. In the trees at the far end of the pool from the car park.

I must have the wrong pool but is it the little one alongside Alders Drive....didnt think it had a car park ?

wheatearlp

England
I must have the wrong pool but is it the little one alongside Alders Drive....didnt think it had a car park ?

That's Ipsley Alders, the Worcs Trust reserve. Ipsley (Mill) Pool is downstream from Arrow Valley Lake accessed off... a road whose name escapes me 😣

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Found Ipsley Lake. ...Redditch is worse than Milton Keynes...lol

No Woodpecker but had a Kingfisher fly quite high over the trees where the LSW had been across the Arrow and off I think north......
The real surprise was at least 12 Turtles basking on logs....large and a few little ones....must be breeding !!!!
Are they classed as vermin ?.

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Finally found a way to get some small sized pics from camera to here....lol

The Tribe.....

Attachments

• ABCDEFGH.jpg
    ABCDEFGH.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 63

cj.holder

No Woodpecker but had a Kingfisher fly quite high over the trees where the LSW had been across the Arrow and off I think north......
The real surprise was at least 12 Turtles basking on logs....large and a few little ones....must be breeding !!!!
Are they classed as vermin ?.

I haven't seen a Kingfisher at the pool for quite some months, and the turtles seem to thriving.

Grayman

Box Moth

Found this Box Moth some 5 weeks ago Apx 25TH September in Oakenshaw Redditch.

Attachments

• Box Moth.jpg
    Box Moth.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 26