• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Redditch,Worcs (1 Viewer)

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Walk around Arrow valley Lake this morning ...freezing on east side ...brilliant and warm on westside.
Not a lot about though....
Loads of G.C.Grebe
2 Heron
5 Cormorant
Tree Creeper in trees between car park and the Duck feeding area.

Attachments

• Canon 2017  NOV 25 060 A_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 NOV 25 060 A_filtered.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Canon 2017  NOV 25 063 A_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 NOV 25 063 A_filtered.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 98

cj.holder

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Ipsley Pool about 7:45 this morning. In the trees at the far end of the pool from the car park.

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Ipsley Pool about 7:45 this morning. In the trees at the far end of the pool from the car park.

I must have the wrong pool but is it the little one alongside Alders Drive....didnt think it had a car park ?

wheatearlp

England
I must have the wrong pool but is it the little one alongside Alders Drive....didnt think it had a car park ?

That's Ipsley Alders, the Worcs Trust reserve. Ipsley (Mill) Pool is downstream from Arrow Valley Lake accessed off... a road whose name escapes me 😣

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Found Ipsley Lake. ...Redditch is worse than Milton Keynes...lol

No Woodpecker but had a Kingfisher fly quite high over the trees where the LSW had been across the Arrow and off I think north......
The real surprise was at least 12 Turtles basking on logs....large and a few little ones....must be breeding !!!!
Are they classed as vermin ?.

keithr

Relapsus resurgam
Finally found a way to get some small sized pics from camera to here....lol

The Tribe.....

Attachments

• ABCDEFGH.jpg
    ABCDEFGH.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 65

cj.holder

No Woodpecker but had a Kingfisher fly quite high over the trees where the LSW had been across the Arrow and off I think north......
The real surprise was at least 12 Turtles basking on logs....large and a few little ones....must be breeding !!!!
Are they classed as vermin ?.

I haven't seen a Kingfisher at the pool for quite some months, and the turtles seem to thriving.

Grayman

Box Moth

Found this Box Moth some 5 weeks ago Apx 25TH September in Oakenshaw Redditch.

Attachments

• Box Moth.jpg
    Box Moth.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread