• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redpoll ID, West Midlands, UK (1 Viewer)

Solihull Villan

Looking back through old pics found these taken in the garden from Feb 2014. Two of the redpolls present are noticeably larger and paler than the more typical lessers. Guessing they are Mealy/Common but would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0953.jpg
    IMG_0953.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0967.jpg
    IMG_0967.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 41
I suspect in stronger light, they would have looked much paler, I had two, same time and year, am away from my computer at present, will post mine when I return home for a comparison.......hope these might help. :t:

Cheers

Attachments

• Pale Redpoll with comparative Lesser for comp..jpg
    Pale Redpoll with comparative Lesser for comp..jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Sub-Arctic Redpoll  for Compression.jpg
    Sub-Arctic Redpoll for Compression.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Pale Redpoll with Blue Tit.jpg
    Pale Redpoll with Blue Tit.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Sub-Arc. Redpoll, Def.1 Retouch for web. again.jpg
    Sub-Arc. Redpoll, Def.1 Retouch for web. again.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back