• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Reed or Marsh Warbler (pictures and recordings) (1 Viewer)

julienl

Hello everyone,

I am not used to these birds so I come here for advice. These 3 birds (Bird01/02/03) where seen at different locations, but all in France (Doubs), in may. There were not in reed beds but in bushes not far from water. They were calling/singing while moving within the bush.

1) Bird01: see attached pictures and recordings
2) Bird02: see recording
3) Bird03: see recording

From what I heard on the internet, Bird01 and 02 sounds like Reed Warblers to me. Bird03 sounds different.

Thanks !

Attachments

• Bird01_01.jpg
    Bird01_01.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Bird01_02.jpg
    Bird01_02.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Bird01_03.jpg
    Bird01_03.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Bird01_04.jpg
    Bird01_04.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 72

julienl

Here are the recordings.

Attachments

• Bird01.m4a
    593.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Bird02.m4a
    440.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Bird03.m4a
    643.5 KB · Views: 169

julienl

Ok thank you everyone. That confirms what I thought. Too bad I couldn't take a picture of the Marsh, that would have been a lifer.

julienl

I was just wondering: were the pictures alone enough to identifiy the first bird as a Reed Warbler ? If yes what features ?

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread