• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Report on a recent trip to malaysia (1 Viewer)

Hi,

My name is Mat, and I live in Brentwood, Essex, in the UK.
Whilst not really an active birder in this country, I do like birding whilst abroad, and have been a regular visitor to Canada and the USA, Australia and more recently Malaysia and Borneo.
I joined the Forum in order to post a report on a recent trip to Malaysia that my dad and myself undertook in March.

Hope that this provides some ideas for people planning to visit Malaysia and I would welcome any comments anyone has on it's content.

Any questions please feel free to contact me on or off forum.

cheers,

Mat Wilson.

Attachments

• Malaysia 2005 Trip Report.doc
    771.5 KB · Views: 5,427
Hi Mat, Welcome to Birdforum, on behalf of all the moderators and staff here.

I can see you've been a useful Member already ;); I'll have to find some time to read this report!

Cheers,

Andy.

Hiya

there are a couple of reports in there that could do with being passed on to the relevant bodies and being formally recorded - Nordmann's Greenshank and Japanese Paradise Fly for example. I can do this for you if you would like...

drop me a PM to let me know.

Tim

Mat Wilson said:
Hi,

My name is Mat, and I live in Brentwood, Essex, in the UK.
Whilst not really an active birder in this country, I do like birding whilst abroad, and have been a regular visitor to Canada and the USA, Australia and more recently Malaysia and Borneo.
I joined the Forum in order to post a report on a recent trip to Malaysia that my dad and myself undertook in March.

Hope that this provides some ideas for people planning to visit Malaysia and I would welcome any comments anyone has on it's content.

Any questions please feel free to contact me on or off forum.

cheers,

Mat Wilson.
Mat a wonderfull report and do you belive that i am born and brought up in malaysia i dont know 3/4the places you have mentioned-now i know where to go for birding Thank you very much--if you are coming again please PM me a month before.Regards . B :)

Thanks for the warm words of welcome. I look forward to reading a few other peoples reports and geting involved in some of the dsicussions. I'm just taking a while to navigate around this beast and then I'll be away.

Mat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back