• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review of Nikon monarch ED82-S (1 Viewer)

OK my thoughts on the nikon monarch ED82s, build quality is outstanding A plus and the look is terrific, optically brightness was nothing super outstanding but it still gathered quite alot of light, it was sharp especially close range viewing on flowers insects a birder would be happy with this, the eyepiece is well, i got the standard one I've heard some good news about the wide eyepiece but at 20x you don't have to have your eye so close to the eyepiece but when you turn it to 30-60 you really need to put your eyeball kind of close nothing big just my long eyelashes I do not want to get the lenses full of dirt, optically I'd say it did a good job at 20x it was sharp but it does lose a tiny bit of clarity when going to 60x and when i say tiny I mean TINY like 3-4% and at 60x does bring alot more detail so I use it alot in some occasions, the only problem being that it is pretty hard to get the focus right but I do get the focus right at 60 with a little twitching around.
and one thing I do want to note is that i did notice that the feild flattener lens did a great job but I think my spotting scope is not a good specimen since there was a tiny bit of CA at the edges when I viewed it at some branches with bright sun behind it and I was looking at the edges of the image and I mean THE REALLY EDGE, i know it's not a good specimen because I've looked through some before but I can deal with this one I'm not usually looking at the very edge of it anyway. Anyway here are some photos through it you can view instead of hearing me yap about it too and that's it, have a wonderful day!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back