• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI: Any birding hot-spots in Montreal? (1 Viewer)

Charlie M

Hi - I've got a free morning in Montreal (Quebec) this coming Tuesday. Does anyone know of any good birding sites I can get to by public transport/taxi within - say - 45 minutes of downtown?
Many thanks
Charlie

Charlie,
Mont Royal is an easy walk from the centre. Lots of common stuff to see and nice looping tracks to walk round.

Hi - I've got a free morning in Montreal (Quebec) this coming Tuesday. Does anyone know of any good birding sites I can get to by public transport/taxi within - say - 45 minutes of downtown?
Many thanks
Charlie

Just back from Montreal and Quebec - the best place is Cap Tourmente near Quebec city (40 mins drive north from Quebec) with stuff like Indigo Bunting, Downy Woodpecker, Bobolink, Hummingbirds plus Peregrines. For future reference this is a great place for Snow Geese in the autumn. Lovely reserve - well run. Also boasts wild Black Bears (a bit close for comfort!). It's a great spot but may be too far north for you.

Better bet.... not far from the city of Montreal is Park Oka (Sepaq National Park website) which you could do easily. Mont Royal in the city is OK but hardly saw any birds this time of year! Better to go near the St Lawrence or coast.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back