• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI - is 13 July too late for puffins on Farnes? (1 Viewer)

kittykat23uk

Hi there

My partner and I are thinking about coming to the farnes and doing a pelagic trip and an all day birdwatch trip on the weekend of the 13/14 July. *

Is this a good time to come to still see lots of seabirds, especially puffins (I hope to see and photograph a lot of puffins bringing sand eels etc) ? Is the pelagic productive this early in the season or would we be better of focusing on one or the other?*

The other dates we had in mind was the 1/2 June or the last two weekends in June but I see pelagic trips are not available then so we'd probably just do an all day bird watch on one or both of the days.

Many thanks

Jo*

Great! Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it looks like the pelagic trip I was looking to do is fully booked. So we're now thinking of going on the weekend of the 6/7 July and doing the trip to holy island as well as the all day birdwatch.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back