• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI - Lilfordi, Bears and Wolves in Abruzzo, Italy (1 Viewer)

I’m thinking about a similar trip later in the year so I’ll look forward to hearing how you get on.

I’m finding information on mammal watching in the area very hard to come by, with most websites simply listing the mammals present in the park. Often this info is incorrect!

Naturetrek do tours in the area and you may be able to glean a little info from their three trip reports. They saw both bear and wolf on their last visit. Apologies if you have already seen these.

Good luck

I’m thinking about a similar trip later in the year so I’ll look forward to hearing how you get on.

I’m finding information on mammal watching in the area very hard to come by, with most websites simply listing the mammals present in the park. Often this info is incorrect!

Naturetrek do tours in the area and you may be able to glean a little info from their three trip reports. They saw both bear and wolf on their last visit. Apologies if you have already seen these.

Good luck

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your post. There is a bit of gen that one can glean from the Naturetrek trip reports, especially the site near the church where they watch for Bears & Wolves - they really whetted my interest!

I'll let you know how I do...

Cheers!

There was an article in BBC Wildlife some time ago (possinbly last year) - one of their one-page suggestions for somewhere to go - which suggested a couple of sites in the park for bear. I think you might find it on line.

John

There was an article in BBC Wildlife some time ago (possinbly last year) - one of their one-page suggestions for somewhere to go - which suggested a couple of sites in the park for bear. I think you might find it on line.

John

Hi John,

I've had a flick through my back copies of BBC Wildlife, and a look online, both of which haven't been successful.

Does anyone have any ideas of a reference for this article?

Thanks a lot!

Hi John,

I've had a flick through my back copies of BBC Wildlife, and a look online, both of which haven't been successful.

Does anyone have any ideas of a reference for this article?

Thanks a lot!

If I remember I'll have a look, I don't subscribe so I haven't many copies to look through!

John

Thanks Mike - I'm putting a trip report together with more details. May take me a little while to get finished, but I've made a start...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back