• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ring-necked Parakeets in Essex (1 Viewer)

haven't been in there so I don't know if you can see them from the windows or not :)

They definitely go in the garden next door so you could always try bumming a cuppa from the inhabitants.....

One of the best sites in Essex is at Rainham as birds fly over the site to and from established roost sites in Kent (typical peak counts now well into three figures I believe). Most other reliable sites (based on records submitted for the Essex Bird Report) are in Metropolitan Essex where double and triple figure counts aren't unusual as the species expands eastwards to areas such as the Ingrebourne and Upminster as stated above.

Of interest, breeding first confirmed in Essex in 2004, with three sites in 2012 (but reported from another 20 or so during May-June).

Still v scarce here in the NE with two records from Frinton (if memory serves me right) since 2006...

Regards

Paul

Just realised the date of this thread - hence why the information seemed so out of date!!! Doh!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back