• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Robin nest in direct sun (1 Viewer)

KareyBud

Hi! I have a robin that decided to build a nest in the window of our master bathroom. That window receives direct sun from about 11:30 - 4:30 every day. Momma robin holds her beak open panting. Will she and the babies be ok there? She just started sitting in the nest yesterday.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi KareyBud and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Generally I'd say that "birds know best", but I'm wondering if this might be a young one starting a new family.

Even so I'd leave it and see what happens. As the weather warms up she may well realise her error. If she has chosen the wrong spot, she'll not make the same mistake again.

I don't know what else to say really, maybe someone from your area will have some more advice for you.

I Hope you enjoy your time here with us.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi ya Karey and welcome aboard.

Try to make sure that there is plenty of water around for her and hopefully things will work out.

Please keep us posted ;)

KareyBud

Thank you both for your quick replies! I made sure to clean my birdbath real good with fresh water. I just feel so bad for her! We are having temps in the upper 80’s for 3 days then it is supposed to cool down for a few days. I will keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread