• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robins (1 Viewer)

Miissalyss

United States
So we had a robin build a nest on our back porch. They have come back to the same spot for 3 years now. After it was built I didn’t see a robin coming to the nest. Then I decided to put a camera up. I noticed a robin coming to the nest with more straw and weeds to add to it. While this happened, another robin came flying in angry looking and chased the robin off. Is one of them trying to take over the nest? I hope this post is allowed. Obviously it’s hard to tell what’s really going on. I wish I could distinguish which robin built the nest. There are no eggs on the nest yet.

Attachments

• 77BE296E-8177-4670-8B52-AB63A26D199A.jpeg
    77BE296E-8177-4670-8B52-AB63A26D199A.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Miissalyss and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. It's rather hard to tell from this distance, but there will always be battles for prime nesting sites. I'd love to hear what you manage to find out as the weeks go by. Hope you get a successful breeding attempt with this nest.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Miissalyss and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. It's rather hard to tell from this distance, but there will always be battles for prime nesting sites. I'd love to hear what you manage to find out as the weeks go by. Hope you get a successful breeding attempt with this nest.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back