• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB FG.PC vs BG.PC 8x32 (1 Viewer)

MacGee

I'm thinking of buying one of these, but there seems very little difference between them. They're even the same price. Does anyone know anything that will help me differentiate between them?

Michael.

MacGee said:
I'm thinking of buying one of these, but there seems very little difference between them. They're even the same price. Does anyone know anything that will help me differentiate between them?

Michael.

I'm sorry I can't help because I've not seen the new BG's, but the FG's are certainly the best mid-price roofs I've ever seen.

There seem to be some subtle differences in specifications - the FG's have better eye relief for example, which may be a factor if you wear glasses. The new BG's seem to be shorter and a different shape, which might affect handling.

These are both pretty subtle factors which may actually be quite important when you come to use them day in and day out - I imagine you're going to have to try both pairs to be sure which is best for you.

MacGee said:
According to Viking, the differences are mainly cosmetic with small changes to the specification; the FG.PC is being replaced by the BG.PC. Pity. I think the FG look nicer - and I definitely don't like the BG's silver rings.

Michael.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back