• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rubber armouring... (1 Viewer)

NZbinodude

New Zealand
Hi everyone,

I've got a pair of Zeiss 8x42 Victory FL's, and the green rubber armouring has turned a brownish tinge due to excessive glassing in the sun. I'd like to get the rubber replaced and am thinking about sending them back to Zeiss.

I'm just wondering what the chances are of perhaps getting the existing green armour replaced with black?

I've sent Zeiss an email, but I'm interested to know if anyone has actually done a colour swap before.

Cheers!
AJ

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I've got a pair of Zeiss 8x42 Victory FL's, and the green rubber armouring has turned a brownish tinge due to excessive glassing in the sun. I'd like to get the rubber replaced and am thinking about sending them back to Zeiss.

I'm just wondering what the chances are of perhaps getting the existing green armour replaced with black?

I've sent Zeiss an email, but I'm interested to know if anyone has actually done a colour swap before.

Cheers!
AJ
Sounds cool. I would prefer black over green. I have been to Christchurch. Nice town. I liked all the flowers and gardens. The Zeiss 8x42 FL's are great bino's.

Sounds cool. I would prefer black over green. I have been to Christchurch. Nice town. I liked all the flowers and gardens. The Zeiss 8x42 FL's are great bino's.

Hey! :)

Yeah, Christchurch is a neat little town. Or at least it 'was'...it changed a lot following the Earthquakes. Not much of a town left now! Haha.

But the re-builds have been going strong over the last few years, and hopefully the bulk of it will be done within the coming years.

I prefer black too. Doesn't show dirt/wear as easily as the olive green does. Hopefully Zeiss will be able to switch it up for me.

AJ

Hi,

It is possible the fit black armour on a green Victory FL.

I actually did it for a customer yesterday whose green armour had discoloured.

I was waiting for a fresh supply of green armour to be delivered and to speed the repair up he opted for the black armour which I had.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back