• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rumor of a new 8x32 coming soon (1 Viewer)

Rob from Texas

So the Tract (Toric) people are very customer oriented business. I recently conversed with one of the two owners/founders. I acknowledged that his prime business was probably hunters but that he had a fair following of birders as well.

I suggested to him that a lighter 8x32 would be welcome with great glass as a mid-price pair of binoculars. He surprised me by confiding that one has been in works for awhile. He could not tell me when it would be available, but I got the impression it might not be far away. I mentioned as birders, we tend to gravitate to a super sharp image and large FOV. He agreed and said he understood, but no numbers were exchanged.

I for one would be interested, as there's not much to fault with the current Torics I own in 10x42. Thinking of a smaller version sounds enticing.

I guess its getting to that point.......would never of worked all at once....us poor frogs never had a chance.....

One still gets a wider view, though.
I presume you mean a larger exit pupil? I've found that 42mm models generally have narrower FOV than their 32mm equivalents, a pattern that holds true even with Zeiss SF, and has not endeared 42s to me.

Yes. 32s tend to have wider fovs. They’re also plenty bright for my needs with the new coatings and glass used these days.

So the Tract (Toric) people are very customer oriented business. I recently conversed with one of the two owners/founders. I acknowledged that his prime business was probably hunters but that he had a fair following of birders as well.

I suggested to him that a lighter 8x32 would be welcome with great glass as a mid-price pair of binoculars. He surprised me by confiding that one has been in works for awhile. He could not tell me when it would be available, but I got the impression it might not be far away. I mentioned as birders, we tend to gravitate to a super sharp image and large FOV. He agreed and said he understood, but no numbers were exchanged.

I for one would be interested, as there's not much to fault with the current Torics I own in 10x42. Thinking of a smaller version sounds enticing.
I last year bought a pair of their 8x42's and asked them the same question.The response you got was more positive than what I got, that would be great.
I have not one dislike with them.The extra weight over the MIJ VIPER HD 8×32's I had
are much more stable to hold and more relaxed view.The optics are wonderfull
For the money aspecially when there a 50 dollar off deal.
But I would for sure get a pair and spend some time comparing them.But as of now
My 8x42 Torics are going no where!

Let's see what the 8X32 is like, if there is really one. I think the 10X42 is an OK glass for that format, however the 8X42 I had never could get the tubes to focus simultaneously and that was after the Techs at kamakura said they were in good working order. I wish them luck down the road as an optic seller, personally I am done with tract optics.

They told me also that a 8x32 was on the way. I’ll be buying one they day they are released. My 8x42s are some of the finest glasses I’ve looked through...and I don’t mean for the money

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back